Monday 15 October 2007

I am mortified ...

and thankful that not one of my blog readers would have been listening to "The Edge" radio show on UCB last night.

The announcers called for Kevin ... live on air ... (not completely true; prerecorded a few minutes before play) ... and asked for him. He had just raced in the door to visit the little boys' room ... which I alluded to strongly in my conversation. And then all these voices yelled "Gotcha! You are live on UCB 102.3 The Edge!"

At which I responded, "Oh, crumb." I thought it was a friend of his. Truthfully, it WAS a friend of his, with the added dimension that the whole conversation was recorded.

After I'd hung up, of course, all this back-and-forth banter about how I wasn't very happy with them (uh huh) ... yes, let's just emphasize over and over again to 20, 000 listeners that my hubby's in the john and I blabbed on him. (Edited to add: major exaggeration here; The Edge show turns off most of the station listenership. In reality, probably about 100 teens who wouldn't really care were listening . But still! Besides, they're all on Facebook. Should I be scared??? :-D)

**sigh** Alison's response to these shenanigans? "I just love our family!"

(And SHHHHHHHHH, don't tell Steve, one of the announcers responsible for my radio premiere, but I have the capacity to make his life ... well, inconvenient, to say the least ... his company hosts the website I work on ... I'm contemplating a flood of tickets containing pointless questions to his attention ... hmmmm.)

Starting today on UCB, the morning show emphasis is on practical jokes. Needless to say, I warned Kev last night that our phone number could not be involved in any of them :) !

No comments: