Tuesday 24 June 2008

Alison's grade 8 graduation; preparations :-)

We'll start from the beginning, when I spoke to Vic early in the day and she asked me if I had enough pins and clips. Uh ... I dunno. (My girls have never been that interested in having their hair done!). Naively I ask her how many bobby pins I'd need. About 30????? Seriously????? Realizing that I was a grad hair novice, Vic saved the day by bringing hair things over and giving Alison the gift of beautiful hair. We ordered chinese food for all before grad.


Here's Vic, saying "I had NO idea she had this much hair!"


Finishing up with the curling iron.



I had checked out Youtube for ideas to do Alison's hair. One style was beautiful but it involved tying hair in KNOTS. I decided "no way!". Guess what Vic did? Yup, lots and lots of knots! We decided at the last minute her up-do required some flowers, so I popped down to Arnold's farm with a pair of scissors and cut more gorgeous mock orange flowers. He was promised a photo in return :-).

I believe the last time Alison wore nail polish on her fingers was when she was 4! Between mucking out horses, wrestling sheep, knitting and all her other hands-on hobbies, nail colour has just not been a priority. Toenails, yes! But fingernails, pointless.


Makeup time. I had forgotten, yet again, that Vic is a cosmetologist (hopefully I spelled that correctly!).



This photo had to be taken. This scene had me all verklempt ;-). It foreshadowed to me what it might be like as Alison prepares for a wedding some day. I suppose because Kev and I had three bridesmaids ... ack, how quickly they grow up.



Dad putting on her corsage ...



Here is Alison, with her friend Amy Rutherford, just before leaving for Sophiasburgh Central.

4 comments:

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

That picture is a real keeper! Gosh, she looks SO grown up! A girl with beauty and brains who has a love for Christ and a servant's heart. What parent wouldn't be bursting with pride?!?

I'll keep checking back to see the rest . . .

kkaci said...

Janna, I messed things up by turning this entry into a grad prep entry. I'm sorry! That photo will appear again on the next entry.

But yes, I agree. And thank you ...

Anonymous said...

"verklempt" is a good word. I felt my throat tighten up when I saw this picture :) It was truly a joy for me to help out and Ali was absolutely beautiful. You should be proud of her...true beauty inside and out is a rare combination and she has both.
I also love the last pic of her and Amy.

Christine King said...

Wow - Alison - you look so amazing - so mature. Vic is such a Pro - she helped Emma out too...