Monday 16 June 2008

ReFuel '08 Entry No. 2 (still adding video)

Here is the band "... to tell" ... Kev was excited to find out that they are originally from Brockville, which has a UCB repeater station. They are considered a London band because Zach is currently at Fanshawe College doing Broadcast Media or something like that. They have an incredibly fun, innovative sound and do really neat things with timing; haven't heard music with timing changes like this since listening to my dad play old Brubeck tunes on the piano :-).




I'm having problems trying to put up Britt Nicole's video clip :-(. Keep checking back and hopefully I can get it to work.


Casting Crowns ... "If We Are the Body":





Casting Crowns ... "Praise You in This Storm":




It started raining about half way through NewWorldSon ... Kev, the girls and I were busily packing up the UCB display during this time, along with the rest of the ministries and vendors. It continued to rain through the majority of Casting Crowns' set ... and it was AMAZING! I never realized how much storm and rain imagery peppered their lyrics. Standing and singing along with this song in particular was an awesome experience. And although I've heard almost all the songs before, I heard them with new ears at the concert; in particular "The Voice of Truth". Casting Crowns lead singer, Mark Hall, grew up with learning disabilities (dyslexia and ADD) and his testimony was amazing. Really, the most exciting thing about this band is that, first and foremost, they are youth pastors with a HUGE, LOVING heart for youth. The music is only a tool to reach youth. They are truly just an average bunch of people, with a huge love of the Lord and kids.


Likely more to come ...

1 comment:

Lona said...

Sometime I need you to talk me through the process of posting video to blogger. I've just wasted an hour of my life trying, to no avail.