Saturday 30 August 2008

It's a historic and bittersweet day today :-(.

http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/

The incredible comic strip, that my children and I have grown up with, is ... done.

This is it.

The Pattersons will no longer age, change, adventure anew.

And what is terribly poignant, for those who have been following this last storyline, and in particular this last strip, is that Lynn Johnston's husband left her last year.

For those who never followed this strip, it is truly exceptional. It will continue. Lyn is retraining herself with a simpler style; the characters will no longer age and it will be present day humour alone.

Adios, Patterson family ...

2 comments:

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

My mom loved this comic strip - I would read it off and on in the "London Free Press" that we got. I may have to start again now that Lynn is doing a "reboot" - I'm kind-of where the strip is currently starting at, in terms of life stages of the kids, etc. so I'm sure I would enjoy it.
Fun post - thanks, Karen!
Oh, and - Go Iain!!

kkaci said...

I'm sure you'll love it. You can also go back and read one a day on the computer at the link above :-) ... I think from the beginning! Since we moved back to Canada, our local paper hasn't carried it, so we've followed it online.