Friday 10 October 2008

Today ...

I am enjoying the last day of being at home alone. Actually, I'm really enjoying today because my husband has his Thanksgiving day off today and he is helping me organize the filing cabinet (woo hoo ...)

I am busily organizing because my life and daylight hours are about to become more complicated.

I am clinging to this verse in the Bible ...
  • But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV


Because ...

I am on the threshold of once again becoming a home educating mom.

Yes, next Tuesday we will have children in three different schools ... Sophiasburgh Central (Claire, grade 8), Prince Edward Collegiate (Alison, grade 9), and School of Home and Community (Iain, grade 6). Can you say "Crazy". However, circumstances prevail and Iain is very much looking forward to "coming home" for the remainder of the year. And once I am organized, I am looking forward to being (at least partially) a home-educating family once again!

BTW, this has been coming for quite some time ... not a sudden inspiration at all. But not so long ago I was dead set against the idea. My heart didn't change until my husband gave a sermon at church one Sunday morning entitled "Constrained by Love". The conviction I felt from that message ... just wow.

So pray for us! The first few weeks of de-schooling can be rocky at best, and I will be juggling my home job as well this time around. We'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Lona said...

I prayed. :-)

In November I will join you in the ranks of employed homeschooling moms. I'll be clinging to that verse then, even more than I do now...

Lona

kkaci said...

Lona, you are already an employed homeschooling mom (farm, weaving, my goodness). What else will you be doing?

BTW, not that you have time, but here's a link of something that would be a high value-added weaving product. I'll bet you could do a decent business with custom work making these!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/polledshetlandsheep/photos/album/966126282/pic/419180641/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

Let me know if you can't get in here; you might need to belong to the group. I'll send the photo to you in an e-mail. She is a Shetland Sheep breeder, and she weaves saddle blankets.

Lona said...

I think I'm going to need you to send it to me at lonainmi at yahoo dot com--I wasn't able to access it because of my non-membership.

I have been elected our township clerk, and start working November 20. I'll be in charge of voting, minutes, bills, and loads of other stuff that I don't know about yet. I have NO idea how I will get it all done, and am alternating between fear and petrification (is that a word?). But we prayed that God would close the door if it wasn't to be...

How's the schooling (or de-schooling) going?

kkaci said...

Petrification makes you sound as if you will slowly turn into rock :-).

If I don't find the photograph, they were woven saddle blankets. Western riders are big into using certain colours ... you could do custom wool blankets. Perhaps while stuffing envelopes? Your new job sounds like a lot of work ... wow. In Him, all things are possible ...

De-schooling ... up and down but Friday was good!