Monday 2 February 2009

One photo for now ...

Kevin took about 100 photographs .... which would be 20 separate entries here. I'm looking at alternatives since that's a pretty time-consuming endeavour :-). But I leave you with this to start:

Kev was able to take a raft trip upriver from Chaing Rai and visit the Karen tribe village of Ruammi. The Karens are considered a "long-neck" tribe; the women wear rings around their necks with numbers increasing as they age. A child may have four; a women would have many more. He did get photos of this, but I won't be posting more pics until later.

Thanks, Kev, by the way, for checking in to the blog from Bangkok ... I now have Thailand on my map of readers :-). Since this is a private blog, that's a big deal!

2 comments:

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

Oh no .... I've resisted Facebook for so long!! First I joined to get updates on my friend's sick daughter through a facebook group, but I didn't add any friends because I really don't need to spend more time on my computer! But now, I want to see those pictures. Oh the temptation . . . I feel myself being sucked in . . .

kkaci said...

Janna, you need to know that my Dad signed up for Facebook. If he can do it, you can too :-). You go girl! It's actually a much faster way to stay in touch with people, especially with those from ages ago.