Monday 13 April 2009

Blogger issues are continuing ...

I'm presently looking about for another blog host, ideally one where I can have a public blog with password protected entries for family business. I did this morning manage to get into the normal create blog screen, so I'm going to now attempt to upload the video of Claire singing "Why" in my previous post. Check there just in case I am successful. :-P Okay ... this is completely frustrating. I saved "Why" in an incompatible file format. The only way to show video now is using a YouTube Player, which will load all my videos. At some point when I'm not completely frustrated with tech stuff, I will move the Youtube Player to my side bar and where I can, reload previous videos. Time to go outside and enjoy the day (and work!)

The good (?) news is there have been no more lambs yet. I'm hoping something will happen today though, because we are now expecting five more days of rain. Based on a LLOOONGG gestation period of 155 days (sheep range from 144 - 155 days normally), and assuming that these two ewes did not conceive until Eddy's very last day on the property, the latest possible lambing date is April 19. Considering that Kivu appeared to get covered right away, I'm a little surprised.

We've had a lovely, peaceful 4-day long weekend ... including Kevin! This is the first year he has had both Good Friday and Easter Monday "off". "Off" in quotes because he did the Good Friday sermon ... and it was excellent. I was very proud of him.

A few photos ... here is Lorelai, our only 4H lamb to date:


This is Digger, Coriander's little ram lamb. He is a cutie, and being raised as a single he's packing on the pounds.


And lastly, here is Max Medina. He is a lovely, leggy long ram lamb.

No comments: