Thursday 8 October 2009

Monumental moment last week ...

I popped upstairs during school to make lunch for Iain and myself. Going for "fast", I popped hot dogs into boiling water and prepared for a very excited boy (we don't have them often because I loathe hotdogs, but we were pressed for time). Just as they were done, Iain sauntered upstairs and asked what was for lunch. I said brightly "Hot dogs!" expecting cheers, high fives and a hug. What I got instead was ... "Huh. Okay." I said to my youngest man, "You don't sound very excited about hot dogs. Why is that?"

He said ...

(drum roll please) ...

"Yeah ... I dunno ... I just don't really feel like them today."

MY LITTLE BOY IS GROWING UP!!!!

Seriously, this boy has loved hot dogs his entire life. Serving hotdogs to him has been an act of love on my part, in his opinion. My mom world tilts again :-).

And other family news ... Kev had a day off yesterday, and we had a VERY productive day. We managed to get the garage all cleaned out and ready to put the car in for winter. We sorted through and organized the storage area, removing things for the dump. We took a van load of junk to the dump (Wednesdays are a GOOD day for Kev to be home; the dump is only open Wednesdays and Saturdays.) Not a particularly exciting day off for my big man, however it's been tough to find time for these pre-winter chores. Another one looming is our lawns .. they have yet to be mown for the last time. We have a waving wheat field on our front lawn. It mocks us when we look out the living room window. We have had so much rain that it's still wet on the infrequent sunny days ... by the time it's almost dry, it's raining ... or hailing! ... again.

Falling asleep and must go :-) ...

2 comments:

Michelle Found said...

My baby is 14 and he STILL loves hot dogs.

Actually, a dog with mustard, relish, and ketchup would go down pretty good right now, wouldn't it Blake?

"Oh, NURSE????????......."

:O)

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

Well, I'm well over 14 and I STILL love hot dogs!
:-)