Thursday 12 July 2007

Exciting changes afoot! (E-mail Kev sent around concerning his current career move)

Hello Friends,

It's time to send out a brief email letting you know about a huge change in the lives of the Stenhouse clan of Greater Picton. I know a few of you have heard rumblings, and I apologize that I haven't been able to come clean with all the news up till now.

After pretty much five years at New Life Girls' Home, I've made the decision to step into the next adventure and leave that ministry at the end of August. It has been a great place to hone some of my skills and I have really enjoyed working with some amazing people. But, it's time to move on.

I've been volunteering at UCB Canada (UCB 102.3 fm) since it came on the air and I'm über-excited to be starting there full-time on September 1st. I'll be doing a whole bunch of fun things, and some of the details are still being worked on, but I do know that I'll be on-air during the morning drive (6-9am). So, for those of you that know me well, you're probably already wondering how I'm going to get up at that hour. I have no idea myself and it's the one thing I'm stressing over. Pray for me, 'k? I'll also be doing some big-picture fundraising and some web stuff. I may even dirty my hands a little down the road with some HR-related projects, which I love. My long-term goal, of course, is to rule the world.


That's it for now. Fun, eh? The only thing constant is change.

KEV

PS: If you know me well, you know that my heart for the Girls' Home won't change now that I'm leaving. I'd really like it if you all could be praying for a very smooth transition for the Home during this time. It's not uncommon for some of the students to see change in an unhealthy way: instability, "men are undependable", "it's all my fault" etc. and I just want this all to go super smooth. Also, that we would find the perfect replacement for me. Thanks!

No comments: