Wednesday 25 July 2007

Tidbits

It's been an interesting couple of days ...

A bird flew down our chimney two days ago, but only as far as the elbow. Yesterday it made it into the woodbox. Of course, we weren't able to catch it without letting it out, so it flew happily around the house for quite a long time, thrilling the kids and driving the dog and cats to distraction. We did get it out, finally, through the dining room doors, and thankfully it was a cute little vireo or warbler or something not a big ugly grackle (that happened in 1995 when we lived at Sleeman Avenue in Guelph!)

Our adorable, gentle lambs are still mostly adorable and gentle ... except for the boys, who chose yesterday as the day they would become hormonal and completely obnoxious. Thank goodness I had already set up our pens so they could be separated; separated they are. The one in particular is getting mean. Which makes him one step closer to $4.00 per pound lamb in our freezer, at much less cost to us :).

Kevin is transitioning to his new life at UCB ... he has been getting up faithfully by 4:30 every morning and going in for morning show training, which means early to bed. Of course, I've been going with him :). This morning, however, I was up by 4:00, waiting for the alarm clock to go off. I'd like to say that I got up and had an incredibly productive morning because of my early start. I can't. In fact, I stayed in bed for ages, finally drifting off and awoke far too late (for me) -- 7:00 a.m.

This morning, I frogged my baby sweater (for those who haven't heard the term, think "rip-it, rip-it") back about 6 cm because I was unhappy with my last button hole. I kept knitting on thinking, well it's my first, it's okay. But it wasn't. The good thing is I wanted to post pictures in process, and my camera is finally charged so I just took this:


I'm having such fun knitting this; I love knitting things without seams and in-the-round.

All for now :).

No comments: