Friday 30 November 2007

What I did yesterday :-)



My friend Ann-Marie treated myself and another friend Tricia to a spinning day at her house! Ann-Marie has a wheel her husband built for her, a wheel he found at an antique store, PLUS she had rented a wheel from our local Spinners' Guild for the month. That is the wheel I am using in the above picture; it's a double pedal Lendrum. The guild won this wheel during their last Sheep-to-Shawl competition.

Not only did she provide loaner wheels: she purchased some rovings for us to spin, and also let us experiment with some of her hand-dyed rovings that were for sale at her Etsy shop! Scroll down to the Blue Raspberry Superwash Merino to see the roving she let us play with. She made a nice chili lunch with homemade cornbread. She even washed one of my Shetland fleeces while I was spinning! She is going to attempt to ply what I spun and send me home with a teeny, tiny skein of handspun. (We must wish her luck with this, because my baby spinning was less than consistent and I'm quite positive it will break!). I will add a photo of the final product when I get it.

Anyway, thank you Ann-Marie ... we had a wonderful day and you were a real servant :-). And by the way, spinning is much harder than it looks ;-) !

Here is a short video clip she took ... apparently you must lay down on your side to watch this ;-).



1 comment:

Lona said...

Very cool! Nice to finally put a face with the name!

I enjoyed poking around in your friend's etsy shop, too.

Happy Sunday to you!