Saturday 9 February 2008

It is finished ... my very first Fair Isle work ...

and it was SO FUN!

Pattern: www.slumberland.org/wp/2006/11/29/pattern-madison-hat-easy-fair-isle-hat-bulky-yarn/

(Sorry .. you'll have to copy the address and paste it into your browser.)

Wool: Silk Road Joe Sharp Ultra (85% wool, 10% silk, 5% cashmere). I used a little more than a 50 gram ball of "Lake" (hard to tell because some of the first ball was unusable and ended up being given a second one) and less than a 50 gram ball of the white.

Needles: I used a 32" 6.5 mm circular needle for the entire hat (Magic Loop method) rather than a 16"circ and transfer to dpns as described in pattern.



Although I knit the ladies' measurements a further 1/4 inch longer than the pattern called for, the hat is still a bit small for me and will be handed down to one of the girls. **sigh** I will knit to a men's length of 7" next time around.



No comments: