Thursday 28 February 2008

Lona, this one's for you :-) ... and for Brenda too if she checks in.

I posted this to the Sonlight message board this morning, in response to my impending demise as a poster there. I wanted to make sure you saw this, Lona, in case you didn't check in at Sonlight today; I'm sure it will get buried quickly ;-).

Waving good-bye :-) ...

As my subscription is about to come to an end ... I figured I should "officially" say good-bye.

I didn't realize, until now when I received my subscription renewal, that last year someone (some angel) paid for another year for me. Wow. I'm so grateful, and I can only hope you read this and know how much I appreciate you. I couldn't figure out why I kept "being here" when I knew I didn't have enough purchases.

I started coming to the Sonlight Forums in 1999 (sporadically before that) and it has been a huge part of my life, especially when my children were young, and when we were moving around. Many of you won't know me now because I've been doing more lurking than posting recently. I've learned SOOOOO much here. I even finally went and purchased a (what are we calling them, a Whitney Houston? ) ! Which I LOVE, btw.

My kiddoes are in school now for this year; I'm not done homeschooling "for sure" (in particular for my son) but right now they are in the place that God wants them. It has been a very good thing overall (although not problem-free). My eighth grader has had her information night for high school; has picked her courses, and is pursuing admission to an enriched program. My 7th grader continues to want to be a teacher (how many homeschooled kids have this dream ?) My fifth grader is doing well, although is getting rather lazy in the school environment where expectations are fairly low (yes, he's a boy).

My subscription still isn't in the budget, so it is with sadness that I bid you "adieu". Almost a decade here ... wow. Is it ridiculous that I will grieve this loss?

Blessings to you ALL! Enjoy the great community here. If there is anyone who wants to stay in touch off-line, please pm me before the end of February.

Karen

For those who need to know what a "Whitney Houston" is; just ask ;-). The best purchase I've ever made, though, bar none.

4 comments:

Ann-Marie MacKay said...

okay, i need to know..
please tell me that you didn't buy the soundtrack to "the Bodyguard"
:)

kkaci said...

Heh, heh ...

A "Whitney Houston" is Sonlight-speak for a Diva Cup, which, if you are truly interested in being green, you should check out. These things are amazing! The website is

http://www.divacup.com/

Lona said...

I am SO past that! LOL...

I'm glad I can continue to check up on you here, K.

kkaci said...

Me too! I enjoy your visits. And just so you know, both of you above have visited each other's Etsy shops and blogs :-).

K.