Wednesday 3 June 2009

Yay, spinning!!! And Alison’s last project in geography

I have to say that spinning is one of the most contemplative, meditative serene pursuits I’ve ever tried.  The fact that there is also an end product is icing on the cake :-).  Now, please keep in mind that these are my very first attempts …

 

Single ply (so far) … continuing my trend of only being able to spin lace weight :-P.  This is very interesting because my first attempts were at the bottom … what a mess, as I figured out the above-mentioned rhythm … and end at the top where it started to flow.

IMG_3047

Here is my very first attempt at doing something other than lace-weight.  I also figured out how to ply it (SO much easier on a spinning wheel!!!).  So this is two-ply, and somewhere between worsted weight and chunky … actually, in some spots worsted, and in others chunky, lol.  But oh my … so fun!

 

IMG_3045

I think I will knit a square from this … just to see what it looks like :-).

 

And one last photo … Alison’s geography project from this semester, finally finished.  She had to scale up an 8.5 x 11 map of Canada to bristol board size, and fully label and colour it.  She put dozens of hours in to this (and I even helped colour some of the water when it came down to the wire!!)

IMG_3042

All for now!  A busy weekend awaits … big 4H fundraiser at WillowGarden Farms and the kids and I are all involved.  Once again, I am skirting fleeces … all day … :-P.  Heh, heh, heh.  Hopefully I will get some actual photos this year!

1 comment:

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

Beautiful job to both of you!
Karen, the worsted/chunky yarn looks similar to some store bought yarn I was actually knitting with tonight (thick in some spots, thinner in others) - so don't feel bad - it looks cool!