Thursday 29 March 2007

I am woman; hear me roar.

Yes, tonight I did something that never in a million years I would have considered doing previously. (Grammar police, easy ... I am somewhat unslept.)

Because life is about trying new things, right?

Doing things that terrify you, but in doing them you are made stronger. And you become just a little more competent that you started out.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, tonight I did an internal exam on a ewe.

Our second ewe may be having problems, and I had to check to see if her cervix was open or closed. (For the record, it was closed. Good news for sleeping tonight; not so great news for our Geography Fair tomorrow :) ... I have a significant case of competing time demands. And did I mention the the opening of "Cross Purposes" is also tomorrow? Heh, heh, heh.)

Which brings me to another observation. I like large animal vets. Small animal vets are like doctors; "Sorry, you need to bring Fido in". Generally to the tune of $168.00. But our doctor's appointments are covered and generally, the vet is not. Large animal vets? They talk you through things. They don't come out unless it's urgent. They would rather be home eating supper than standing in your cold, muddy field slathered in soapy iodine. They assume you have the ability to learn new things, and that you will know when you need help. It is refreshing.

A small request though ... we may have a lamb obstructing the birth of another lamb. We will now not know this until tomorrow. Our lamb outcome may not be so successful this time. And we need to be prepared for this. Those of you who pray, please pray that despite a full and uncertain day tomorrow, that our focus would be on the important things and that I would be able to do One Thing at a Time without worrying about everything else. Thank you.

And for those of you on high speed (I presume it's necessary, but I'm not positive) and a desire to see very graphic photos of the birth of Prince Souvlaki and Princess No Name Yet, please click on the link below. This will take you to a Photobucket account I've set up. We had front row seats, so things are quite ... uh, detailed.

Latifah's Labour and Delivery

No comments: