Saturday 10 March 2007

Ontario Region 3 4H Training Conference today

and I was able to go! I had a truly great time. Although as a city-bred child I was not able to do 4H, I've always been fascinated with the organization. I still remember a book I read when I was young about a girl who was involved with 4H. Then, while attending University of Guelph, I really admired the rural kids who grew up in 4H and Junior Farmers. They arrived at university with self-confidence, speaking ability, and maturity way beyond my peers.

Fast forward to my own children, and my increasing involvement with 4H. Having worked as a parent volunteer the last three years (informally) I was invited to attend the training workshop today. What a blast! Depending on what our year next year looks like, I've been planning my first club :).

Icing on the cake? A visit to Chapters after the end of the conference with one of my best buds, and my arrival home to a spotlessly clean home (courtesy of Kev and the kids -- Claire is an AMAZING cleaner in particular!), dinner on the table (courtesty of Kev) and a lovely homemade jelly roll (Alison's specialty). Yum!

No comments: