Monday 3 September 2007

Our "Last Day Before School" Day

We accomplished a great deal today! Although a holiday for most, a radio announcer never gets to sleep in and Kev was gone by 4:30 a.m. for his first show co-hosting with Dana. We finished cleaning rooms, and getting school things ready. I did our laundry. We emptied the entire garage and reorganized, piling things for the dump into the car. We scrubbed out the sheep waterers and refilled them. I made peach crisp to use up peaches that Kev had picked up and were "on the edge". The kids and I then decided the best way to spend the afternoon would be to go hiking. Here are some pics from our hike at Macaulay Mountain, just east of Picton.

At one point I looked back to see this :) ...


It turns out that Alison had brought along her current favourite book, a copy of "Norton's Anthology of English Literature" that she had picked up from the library sale room. I swear it weighs a good five pounds, and she had stuck it in her book bag to go hiking. Crazy girl :). She was completely mesmerized by the poem "Beowulf".


We arrived home to find Kevin had made applesauce, and was also in the process of making "breakfast for dinner" (scrambled eggs, hash browns, toast, sliced tomatoes).

Now I'm here at the computer, and the other four are relaxing in front of "The Incredibles" until bedtime. I can hardly believe the bus will stop here tomorrow. I have very mixed feelings since my last conversation with the principal :(. However their teachers are awesome, and a lot of the other kids are great, and I'm sure it will be a good experience.

1 comment:

Lona said...

Praying for you as you begin this new section of the journey.