Monday 31 March 2008

It's "Pause for Play" week here!

The kids have been challenged to turn off all electronics and screens for the week. They've been given two hours worth of passes; otherwise, they are to do do physical and family things instead. I've bought in as well! Having said that, I spent just under 8 hours today summarizing comments for the upcoming (Thursday) UCB Share-A-Thon. But after this post, I'm off!

Teeny tiny hint of upcoming babies ... Jazzy remained lying down when I entered the sheep pen this morning. This normally doesn't happen. However, it was a false alarm; there are still no other signs. I believe she'll be the first to lamb. I THINK she is having twins based on her size, which is amazing for a first-timer. We'll see ... soon I hope.

Wednesday, I'm judging the intermediate section Science Fair projects at Sonrise Christian Academy. I'm looking forward to this! AND they've given me another opportunity to sub the following week. I pray these silly sheep lamb at convenient times!

And, some lamb pix for inspiration; not my lambs, but lambs belonging to Colleen Nyman and her husband south or Picton. They have similar breeding to our crew here, and she's a couple of weeks ahead of us. The kids and I did "Maple and the County" this weekend at their barn.

Iain in front of the evaporator in the sugar shack (yes, there is coffee in the Timmy's cup; he gets coffee weekends only!):


Our favourite ram lamb of the flock ... the girls dubbed him "Oreo" :-). We'll be in the market for a ram in the fall, so we're keeping him in mind.



Our favourite ewe lamb ... SOOOO sweet, and love the colour. The pale tan points are characteristic of the Rideau Arcott, a dairy-type breed developed at the Experimental Research Station in Ottawa in the 70's. True Canadian sheep, these!


Claire with one of the farms' 2008 bottle babies.

No comments: