Saturday 20 December 2008

Never mind ...

... it wasn't the flu.

I have pneumonia.

Apparently rice krispie lung is not normal. My doctor yesterday came in, muttering something about these things needing time to clear up on their own (which I know, and which is why I already cancelled my Tuesday appointment), listened to my chest, hopped up, raced out of the room and came back with a mask for me. At least I was there legitimately :-).

Many, many thanks to the happy little red pills that seem to be slowly clearing this up.

We just had the second wave of the three wave snow storm coming up from the States (thanks, Colorodo ... not!). Alison will be late for work this morning because of this ... Keep an eye to the right of the snow blower as you scroll down. Oh yes, there is our Honda. Oops.







We're expecting the last wave of the storm tonight and Sunday. The warnings from Weather Network have already started clogging my mailbox. To quote Kevin "Who lives in this country?" :-). Truly, I love the snow, but this was a little much. I'm just grateful for the high winds yesterday that blew much of it "away" ... somewhere ...

Happy snow daze to you all (okay, perhaps not our relatives in Georgia and Florida ... just think of what you poor souls are missing way down there :-D ) LOL.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

FYI Here in Atlanta today it was unseasonably hot - 71 degrees. I have grown to love my Southern winters - usually one day a year of "snow" (that one day has maybe an inch or so of snow)....it is funny but I talked to my mom today and she said the very same thing as Kevin.

Elaine

Lona said...

I sure would like to know how you're doing now...

kkaci said...

I am doing better! I really need to post an update, however with my low energy all Christmas by the time the basics are done, I'm toast :-). And now, near the end of the holidays, I'm trying to do all the organizing that I was supposed to do earlier! I'm still coughing, but the ER (where I spent 5 hours last week!!!) doc said I'll probably have another couple of weeks of low energy and cough.

My goal by Sunday is to post something summarizing our very quiet Christmas here :-).

Thank you for checking up on me, Lona! Oh, oh, you would have loved our recent all-day 4H Sheep Club meeting ... involving ultrasounding pregnant sheep, teaching knitting to the new crew of kids (including three boys!) ... never mind, I'll include this in the next post :-).

Happy New Year, Lona!

kkaci said...

Elaine, I still love the change of seasons, and when the weather is not extreme I love it here. I loved New Jersey, yet it was SO hot and muggy, and those pesky hurricanes were even more extreme :-). Having just watched a special on tornadoes in the midwest, I'm pretty happy with our snow!