Wednesday 7 January 2009

Iain's first real knitting project!

Iain has done a little knitting on and off over the last year, just to learn. Recently we picked up some cotton, and I cast on for a washcloth. This was only a few days ago, and this is the result!

He has already used it to wipe the kitchen counter, and cast on 28 stitches for the next one :-).

I'm very excited about having homemade washcloths, and have requested some for my birthday in May! Additionally, they keep bored hands busy ;-).

Since this is an Iain post, I also want to include a scanned photo from January 2000 (Is that right Mom? When did you visit us in NJ?). It is especially suitable for this post, because it is of Iain and his Grandpa. My Dad is incredibly talented in the whole fibre arts thing, doing the most incredible crocheted table cloths, murals (he did a huge one that to this day hangs in their church sanctuary), and doilies. Rumour has it that Dad started to crochet when he was home from school for an extended period due to measles (Am I right, Dad? Please correct me in the comments section if not!) I so understand why Grandma taught you! This photo had disappeared into one of the girls' bedrooms when they were collecting pictures to scrapbook with, and thankfully it resurfaced a couple of days ago :-).

No comments: