Monday 12 January 2009

Last night we had a "Kev survived 2008 party", and more Roger photos ...

It is hard it believe now that Kev was in Kingston General Hospital, seriously ill, a year ago.

It is hard to believe that he was told he would use a cane for life, and yet not only is he walking unaided but running on a treadmill. Thanks to the good folks at "Fit for Life" he is appearing as the main guinea pig for a "Fit After 40" segment on UCB.

2008 has not been Kev's favourite year, so this party bid 2008 a not-so-fond farewell! I'm grateful though, that God chose to work in this manner. 2009 could have started so much differently than it did.

And two photos for all of you that are following little Roger's attempts to become a chicken :-). We still haven't managed a pile of chickens with Roger's nose poking out, but here he is ROOSTING with the chickens at night, and drinking out of their water bucket :-).


1 comment:

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

I think I will always remember January 9th, 2008. My sister's birthday, my nephew was born and Kevin first went into the hospital - I felt like I was in a "Twilight Zone" episode with all that was going on, but, everything worked out fine - eventually.
Oh, except that my sister did get a year older.
Congrats, Kev, and Stenhouses throughout The County on a better start in 2009.
Miss ya'll
:-)