Wednesday 10 January 2007

Art Project for Today!


Our family is part of a Geography Fair that will be held in March. I'm the primary organizer :). We will be studying France, so for the next few weeks in art we will be studying some of the French masters.

Today, the children and I did acrylic impressionist-style paintings, using Monet's "Wild Poppies" as inspiration. I thought they came out quite well!

We were grateful recipients to about 35 tubes of folk art paints this week, and used many of them in today's art project. Thank you, FreeCycle!

2 comments:

Bev said...

The picture on the top, left hand side is extremely good. The lady with the hat looks very jaunty(I think that's the word) and very much impressionistic to me!
Bev

kkaci said...

Yes, that would be the 42 year-old artist :). Thanks, Bev!

Love, K.