Tuesday 29 April 2008

Ahhh, spring ...

The sheep profiled against neighbour's 1800's bank barn. During a phone call to mom, I was trying to express to her the feeling I get when I look out and watch the sheep peacefully grazing. She came up with "bucolic", and I agree. It is lovely.


M.J. enjoying the smells and sounds of spring ... never mind ... M.J. wondering if she can pounce on the birds clustered around the feeder on the top deck. Our two house cats are never outside; this is the closest they get.


Jasmine's two, Peppercorn and Basil:


Latifah, with one of hers (but not sure who!):



All five babies, now into grazing themselves in a big way:



Our lilacs are almost there. These shrubs were wee little things when we moved in, and three property owners later we will finally be blessed with significantly sized bushes! I can hardly wait until they are open. Prince Edward County has a "Lilac Tour" coming up; the whole county is covered with wild bushes as well as planted ones. You can drive published "Lilac routes" and it's an olfactory experience, not to mention a visual one. Later in the year, it's the holly hocks and lilies that take over ditches county-wide.



One of our cherry trees, hinting at things to come!


I'm praying for a long spring; we have a tendency in this neck of the woods to move quickly from winter to summer weather. But spring is my favourite and I hope it's not too fleeting this year!

1 comment:

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

I love the picture of the babes grazing - sweet.