Monday 16 March 2009

Am I sore ... :-) ... edited ;-)

It's been a tough winter ... the pneumonia really knocked me out through January, and I really felt as if I'd lost muscle. I've been a little worried by this lack of fitness. Today we trimmed feet and crutched the ewes ("crutched" - snipped away all the extra fleece bits that a lamb might confuse with a teat). We also re-tarped both of the sheep sheds, amongst a bunch of small chores. You know you're not very fit when you're sore by the time you walk back in the house!

Good news: all four ewes are definitely pregnant. And very fun (something we've not seen before) ... we spent some fun time watching lambs rollicking inside of Corrie. We didn't shear until the fall last year, so the staple is still quite short and we can see these big lamb movements.

Bad news: a couple of the ewes seem REALLY pregnant (swollen ****** (insert word for lady parts here, lol) , tails lifted already, very uncomfortable) and I'm feeling a little concerned about our trip to Burlington on Wednesday. By my calculations, the very earliest day we should expect lambs is March 24. We should be just fine. However, little Coriander worries me. She is quite tiny, and is carrying either twins or one large lamb (the second option is the worrying one). Alison has valiantly volunteered to stay here and sheep sit. However, I really want all the kids to come. What do do, what to do ... well, nothing for tonight, and we will keep checking tomorrow and make a decision by tomorrow night. I hope.

In the meantime, I'm going to attempt to stand up and make my way to the family room to watch TV with the family. Ouch. Pathetic.

6 comments:

Kevin Stenhouse said...

Ya know, I logged on to the blog hoping to read about vulvas. Thanks hon!

kkaci said...

Heh, heh ... I was going to say "lady parts", then I thought ... "Nooo, my audience here is mature enough to deal with the real words."

:-).

Ann-Marie MacKay said...

ewwwwww
(okay maybe i'm not mature)

Michelle Found said...

Oh the comments I could leave...... Dare I????? No, no.... restrain yourself, Michelle.

Kevin, if you can't say "bowels", then I'm pretty sure "vulvas" are out of the running as well. Not that vulvas run, but.... well..... uhhhh..... never mind.

Dani always referred to it as "mustn't-touch-it". Is that word appropriate? :O)

Karen might have to start approving Comments before they get posted.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA

Michelle Found said...

ahahahahahhaaa..... OK, so you ARE approving comments before they're posted........ Being married to Kevin, I don't blame you.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kkaci said...

Michelle, you are so funny!!! And yes, I do approve comments (I have approved all of them so far, other than duplicates).