Wednesday 25 March 2009

Nooooo ... not tonight, dear (lamb) ... I have a headache!

I just got home from a lovely evening at Vic's home. She hosted a Norwex party ... very cool cleaning supplies that are, sadly, out of budget in a big way. I spent quality time coveting the mop system, and a special kitchen scrubby that apparently cleans showers with no effort. Mmmmmm.

Did a sheep check after I got in at 9:00 p.m. ... no lambs ... hurray! ... oh, but wait ... what was that noise? Was it ... NO ... yes ... mommy noises. Little Coriander is walking around with her tail in the air making mommy noises. NO. (Click the link at "mommy noises" and scroll down for a video of Latifah making those noises to her newborn twins in 2008 ... the baby draped over my leg is the one that may give birth tonight!)

But it's going to be so late!!!! (Or I'm wrong). We have been spoiled thus far in this shepherding business. Lambs have been born from 5ish in the morning to 9ish at night ... no middle-of-the-night shenanigans. I guess I'll grab my alarm clock and sleep in the family room ... set my alarm for 1ish and if nothing has happened by then, she'll likely wait until morning.

Two photos from today:

Here is Jasmine with both of her lambs. Little girl lamb had some issues this morning, but they seem to have been all sorted out. We did a quick run for "just in case" lamb milk replacer, which turned out to be unneeded, thankfully. We also had to milk Jasmine several times because she wasn't letting the lambs nurse on one side.



Here is Jasmine's little girl...

No comments: