Tuesday 3 March 2009

Am I a terrible parent if ...

I was REALLY hoping that my kids were still feeling poorly today???

Yesterday I had all three home ... Alison had been off school for 4 days, Claire for 2, and Iain was now catching the fever/headache/achy flu that has been going around. There were NO expectations on my time ... no lunches to make, no school to prepare and do, no driving in to town to pick up kids doing after school activities. Iain slept for at least an hour in the afternoon.

I spent all day trying to sort through all of our books, and reorganize bookshelves, and bring order to the school room/office area. I felt terrifically accomplished by day's end.

I hoped to continue today, all day. Alison headed off to school in the morning, but Iain was also feeling well enough for school ... then I had to head in to town to take Alison to a doctor's appointment. I did have a little while this afternoon, and although not completely done, here is the school and office area ...


Bookshelves and school table:



Command central on the other side of the room:


This all stemmed from a comment Kev made a couple of weeks back that all of our current books (he gets quite a few from work) have been teetering unsafely on bedside tables and dressers. "With all the bookshelves in this house, you'd think we'd have some room for our own books!".

Now we do!

2 comments:

Sophia said...

men and their comments, eh? If a woman had said that, the man probably would have said, "bookshelves? we have bookshelves? there are books teetering on the tables? Where? I didn't even notice them". '

lol

kkaci said...

Heh, heh, not in our family. I tend to be the one that is okay with teetering piles of books. I don't even notice them after a while ... they become part of the landscape ;-).