Monday 28 January 2008

The January that Time Forgot

On Friday evening, after Kev and Claire returned home, I started to feel pretty awful. I managed to pick up strep throat. I've never had it before. I shivered and slept and ached through all of Saturday; was slightly more lucid on Sunday but didn't do much. My friend (thank you SO much, Ann-Marie!) picked me up to take me in to the ER (we don't have a clinic here) to pick up a penicillin Rx. In and out of the ER in 20 minutes: priceless. Here's looking at feeling better SOON.

I feel bad though. I'm supposed to be of great service to my recuperating husband, and I've been out flat. Grrrr. Our kids have been amazing, but I must say, given the weirdness of this past month, they really deserve to have some fun. Yesterday was the free movie at the Regent Theatre in Picton, and no one could take them. Sigh.

Today, Sickie (me) and Gimpy (Kev) will be driving to Kingston to get Gimpy's stitches out, and find out more about continuing follow-up/physio for his leg. We're quite the pair :-D.

On the Kevin front .. he is doing much better. His stitches look ready to come out. He is still having pain, and still requiring the mega pain medication, but he is definitely feeling more energetic and mobile. He was doing some show prep yesterday for the morning show; even though he can't be there any time soon he really wants to help Dana out since she's running the show all by herself and will be for much of February as well.

All three kids are doing speeches this week at school; Alison is doing hers on our overdependence on fossil fuels, Claire is doing a speech on Rosa Parks, who she is fascinated with, and Iain is talking about interesting predators found in the Great Barrier Reef.

Hopefully I'll get some fun photos up soon. We've had some beautiful snow these past few weeks; just daily, shimmering, glittering snowflakes over everything with no great accumulation. It's been a PERFECT winter so far; snow early in the season, snow for Christmas, a lovely long January thaw, and beautiful snow now, with no really cold temperatures to speak of. Our sheep look like they've been dusted in icing sugar, and I've been meaning to try and take some photographs. Funnily enough, it just hasn't happened :-D.

No comments: